Hi everyone! It’s a short one this week to catch up… it’s amazing how short an episode can be when you don’t have anything for the Scouting Report… My excuse is that Maryland Sheep and Wool is coming up soon – I totally want to have money to spend there! ;)
- April Socky Sock. Not much progress has been made on this because of… reasons. I need to get the lead out if I’m going to finish a pair by the end of the month – why did I set this challenge again? Oh yeah, I’m insane (but lovable)! These are being knit out of Knitter’s Nightmare in her Boogeyman Sock on my US1.5 32″ circs. The colorway? It’s a “screwed up” Thank You for Being a Friend. I have yet to see how it’s screwed up, but whatever. These are gorgeous!
- Class Socky Sock. This one was cast on because I decided that I should have something on the needles for my Top Down Socks class at fibre space. I just didn’t want to have another Bondi sock on the needles. Lame, I know. As these are being knit out of some Into the Whirled that I purchased at MDSW last year, it’s only fitting that I work on them and they become my May socks. These are knit using the Into the Whirled Gloucester base in the Mercy Hartigan colorway on my US1.5 Signature DPNs.
- Granny Square Snapshots of Maine blanket. I’ve finished the January skein of yarn and have started the February skein… it’s the perfect mindless project!
- Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey (Albers) Cowl by Ann Weaver. Finally done! Just in time for the last bout (hopefully) of cold weather here in the DC area. I love how this turned out, even if it isn’t as big/long as I’d like it. I’ll try reblocking it, but I’m still really happy with how it turned out.
What’s Making Me Happy?
- It’s Stanley Cup Playoff time! While the Caps didn’t make it in, it doesn’t mean I’m not watching. I’m rooting for the Anaheim Ducks – let’s go Ducks!!
- Eddie Izzard is coming to DC in 11 days – and I’ll be there! LOVE that man. (Let’s put it this way, I have Eddie downloaded as my GPS voice. Yeah, that’s how much I love him.)
- Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival!! It’s the first weekend in May – Michelle and I are heading there on Saturday, definitely. If you see me, say hi! :)
Have a great week, y’all! Knit, Spin, Crochet, and Stitch On!