Hey there, everyone! It’s been a fair bit since I last recorded – I actually recorded a super short episode on the day of the Olympics Opening Ceremonies, but it was too short and interrupted, so I opted not to post it.
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
So, I know that we’re overdue for a January drawing, but I’m holding off until the next recording. I’ll pull January and February at the same time. I really needed to get to the post office and get those outstanding prizes out in the mail. (Which has been done – I went to the post office and dropped off the packages immediately after editing… I had to do something since rendering takes forever. Thank you all for being understanding!)
- Kennebec by Dawn Catanzaro. This was a surprise Ravellenics project. Which will not be done by tonight’s closing ceremonies. I’m ok with it. I’m knitting this for fibre space for a class we’ll be teaching next term. It’s being knit out of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in the Faded Quilt colorway on US9 (5.5mm) needles.
- Monkey Socks by Cookie A. I started these to knit along with my lace socks class, which has resulted in a HO! Yay!! These are knit out of Unwind Yarn Company’s Journey Sock in the Waterlilies colorway – this was a part of the 2 Crafty Girls Club. LOVE IT. I’m knitting them on US1.5 (2.5mm) needles, though I probably should have bumped them up to US2s.
- Albers Cowl by Ann Weaver. I’ve completed the Christopher Eccleston square and have started on the David Tennant square. I haven’t really been working on this, a few rows here and there at bedtime. It’s slow going and probably won’t be finished until spring. LOL
- Hiro by Julia Farwell-Clay. There hasn’t been much in the way of working on this with all the other knitting that’s been going on. I’ve got about 2 more inches to go on the body before I start on the sleeves.
- My first skein in the Snapshot from Maine Yarn Club arrived from Highland Handmades – it’s GORGEOUS.
- My Harry Potter bag of the month from Slipped Stitch Studios finally arrived and I love it! It’s the Sock + bag and it’s holding my Monkeys nicely.
- My Doctor Who pre-order bag from Fat Squirrel Fibers also arrived… I am IN LOVE with this fabric.
I hope everyone has a great week – I’m going to try to make it a point to podcast on a more regular schedule, but we’ll have to see.